Wednesday, April 12, 2017

a few thoughts on Social Media in Southeast Italy by Razvan Nicolescu

Social Media in Southeast ItalySocial Media in Southeast Italy by Razvan Nicolescu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book I have read in the Why We Post, series which looks at the work of 'anthropologists who each spent 15 months living in communities across the world'. I had read How the World Changed Social Media which brings together the findings of all the research projects. Social media in south east Italy, looks at how social media is used in one town, with use changing according to age, and commitments. How this changes is different in each of these communities, so I will be reading more of these books. This series of ethnographies is a reminder that while social media is the same, it is very different as well.

This is also a work of local studies as it explores daily life in a community, and indepth social interactions.

I am reading these both for the research methodology and the content. This book was an entertaining and engaging read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment